So we're called Limoncello and we sell Limoncello. But just how much do you know about this highly quaffable tipple? Here's our top 5 Interesting facts about the drink itself:
1. Limoncello is one of the most popular liqueurs in Italy.
2. Limoncello has been around for at least a century, but its precise origins are unclear. One story has the fishermen and farmers preparing their own versions. Another has friars making it in their monasteries… Do you ever wonder if any of the friars ever minded making all this alcohol but not supping it?
3. Limoncello is made from lemon zest as well as the flesh. The zest is steeped in alcohol until the oil is released which gives the drink its vibrant colour.
4. Were you so include you could make it yourself, here’s a relatively easy recipe from Nigella Lawson
5. If you can’t be bothered with the faff of making your own, come along to Limoncello Deli between 7th – 22nd May. As a fringe event for Eat Cambridge we are giving 3 samples for a highly discounted price!